We're still having fun carving pumpkins. Matt wanted to experiment in doing self-portrait carvings. We plan to do a group carving where everyone carves themselves, but Matt wanted to make sure the patterns turned out. So, he carved a picture of my face to test it out:
Here's the original picture used to make the pattern: 
P.S. I realize how cheesy of a pose this is, but we had to get them taken at my job. It was the easiest picture to convert to a pumpkin pattern. I want to make sure you know I didn't go get my picture taken professionally just for the hay of it.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Openin' a New Can o' Worms
Posted by Allie at 10:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
yea right allie...I saw that picture hanging up in fotogenix. And give matt a huge old pat on the back for that pumpkin...dang you guys are good! It's really a tough decision for me on who I want to carve...maybe britney? I'd really like to try victoria beckham. hmmm....any suggestions?
I'm not completely sure where your neck starts and hair ends, but I thought I did a pretty good job. That was no easy task carving a fair maiden such as Allison. My next task: carve the ladies from Good Things Utah (I adore them) and send it in to them in hopes of getting some air time, and spend some time with my favorite local ladies. Thus begins a new chapter in our pumpkin carving tradition.
Wow! That looks GREAT! I wanna try it! And palleeeaaasssseee... we all know how into pumpkin carving you guys are... you totally got your picture professionally taken!
That pumpkin looks awesome!! You guys have a real talent. Keep it up. I'm excited to see how the Good Things Utah pumpkins turn out. :)
Allie don't think I forgot how obsessed with pictures of yourself you are. Remember we had over a hundred in our room. I'm guilty of it too, I know. jokes! Okay, Matt that was a phenominal job! I honestly can't get over how good that was. I'm sure that would impress the Good Things Utah girls enough to get you on the show. I mean who wouldn't love to see their face glowing in a pumpkin? I sure can't wait for the self portrait carving party!
Holy crap! All i can say is, matt...follow your dreams, which by the way i love that carving the ladies off of Good things utah is one of your main goals right now, i can't wait for the day they come in with breaking news with all these ladies faces on pumpkins just lined up on a brick wall. and allie, for reals, that picture is beautiful, i stuck it in the corner of mine and brads wedding picture that i have on my desk.
I like your new site! The pumpkin looks good, and your picture is cute!! How's the studio?
I have been inspired by the McFarlands! We had a pumpkin carving party and I attempted to carve my idol, Celion Dion. I can't wait to post it. Some of my friends want personal lessons, does matt hire out???
It's almost kind of spooky. Do you look in the pumkin and think it is a mirror? I wish I had Matt's mind sometimes. Never a dull moment in the McFarland household. This kid is in for a treat!
ps tell Jackie to flippin' add me to her blog people. I text her my email and am still blocked. Tell her i'm not a sexual predator.
I just tagged you so go to my blog and play!
Great carving talent Matt. Allie you are beautiful as always. How is married life and how is the little one. I love the blog, I didn't know Matt was into photography, the things you learn about people sometimes.
Post a Comment