Last month, Matt entered the Big O Tires Cowboy Karaoke Contest. All he had to do was make a video that featured a cowboy singing the Big O Tires theme song. (We gotcha covered at Big O... you know, the one the Toby Keith wannabe sings). Matt loves to make videos, so entering a contest was a no brainer. We used our nephew, Jax, as the cowboy because he had all the get up. He was a good sport.
The Grand Prize was a trip to Hawaii, so we were really crossing our fingers for that one. Second prize was to have your car "pimped out", if you will, with new tires and lifts. (Imagine our turqoise Grand Am pimped out...). Third prize was an XBox 360 and guitar hero 3. Matt did a great job and got 3rd prize. He sold the Xbox and bought himself a Nintendo Wii, which we have played every night. We used the extra little bit of cash from the XBox and bought ourselves a Costco Membership.
We learned a lesson in all of this: never be afraid to go for your dreams. Matt wasn't and now he has a nintendo.
Enjoy the video!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Big O Karaoke Cowboy Contest
Posted by Allie at 10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
What? How the heck did he not get the trip to Hawaii? that was a great video, I'm sure glad his dream came true though, he got his nintendo wii, which I really want to come play sometime.
I know it's cheesy, but I had to appeal to the emotions of the judges. I knew they would fall for a dorky kid with braces in cowboy getup.
That is so awesome! I am jealous you have a wii... I would be playing that thing night and day if we had one so maybe it is better we don't. Congrates to Matt that is awesome, pretty inspiring! I hope everything is going good with you alli... Hopefully we run into eachother at a dance function again. I want to see your cute baby bellie!
Yes! I love hearing about Matt's little ventures. The first and only time I played wii, I 100% threw my arm out trying to show off my boxing skills. I have never been so freak-ing sore from moving my arms.
You guys are my inspiration! Quote of the day: "Go big or go home."
That's so cool! I love his guitar. 3rd place is pretty good, I'd say. Are they going to show it on tv?
hey weenie, I tagged you cause milli tagged you already...so I figured you could just do it all in one shot...and plus I barely have 8 friends who blog so I had you put your name on there. I had to do it, so you better do it...plus I look forward to your answers way too much.
Congrats to you guys on winning the wii!... I have played guitar hero a few times and I am obsessed with it. I saw a commercial with the names of the winners on the screen- I didn't catch Matt's though- I was too late.
What the EFF Allie, you are one of the most creative people, you better do the TAG! And I think I could be your friend for forever after watching this video. It ROCKS!!!
Matt has got talent. I like his u-tube videos too. What a fun life making videos and taking pictures.. How much does he charge for kids pictures? I hope your feeling great and lovin' that belly.
Maythee, I love the video. I seriously can't believe you didn't win the trip. Why haven't we been invited over to play the Wii? Get on that would ya?
Post a Comment