As I stated in an earlier blog, pumkpin carving season is here! Last night we held our first pumpkin carving party at Jessie's house. The carver's were John, Erin, Jessie, and me. Matt didn't carve his own, but he walked around as a coach just in case anyone had any questions are mess-ups that needed fixing. The night started with dinner at Rumbi's. Delicious, as always. Then we headed over to Jessie's to start carving. We found a good site that has pretty easy patterns. The site is www.pumpkinglow.com. There are also some advanced patterns for the die hards at www.carvingpumpkins.com. We printed out a variety of patterns including Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Conan O'Brien, Rodney Dangerfield, and others. Everyone did a
great job. Its fun to see the pictures of us carving because everyone got pretty into it, and without knowing it, we all made the funniest concentration faces.
I love Erin's effort.
I want to send a shout out to Jessie for doing such a great job on her first ever pumpkin! She was a good sport, even though she was given a hard time by the rest of us. One of the first instructions given was to scrape the inside wall of the pumpkin thin, so it wasn't too thick to carve the pattern. Coach forgot to specify how thick/thin to leave it. Ideally, about 1 inch is best. Jess took this instruction very literally... her pumkin's wall was maybe 1/8th of an inch thick. Or as Matt called it, "wafer-thin." However, although she endured laughter in her face for 20 minutes, her pumkin turned out great after she took a quick cereal break to calm her nerves.
This picture doesn't give it justice, but honestly all that was left was the orange peel.
We took pictures of the final products. We were all pleased with our performances, and couldn't decide whose looked the best. If anyone who reads this post would kindly comment on which pumpkin looks the best, that would be great! I won't tell you who did what, just to keep the contest fair. I don't want anyone winning off popularity. I want an honest poll. So, in the comments, go ahead and give your vote. Thanks! Happy Harvest.
Contestant Number 1:
Contestant Number 2:
COntestant Number 3:
Contestant Number 4: ( turn your head sideways)
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Pumpkin Party Day 1
Posted by Allie at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
My vote is for #1
Great post Allie! I honestly had such a great time last night, I never knew how exctied and into pumpkin carving I would get, but I sure loved it despite all the crap I took. You were right, my thin pumpkin is shriveling away, but it sure looked good right after and I'm glad there are pictures to prove it. I won't vote cause you already know what it would be. he he he
Oh man! THat looked like so much fun...I wish I was there so bad!! Me and Dave have YET to carve a single pumpkin since we've been married...but this year we are for sure, and I want to go on that website. Allie I love your posts cause I know exactly what tone of voice you are talking in and I just laugh. Hmm....It's a toss up for me between #1 and #4. But they are all so stinkin good.
I like Conan O'Brian. That's cool how much they look like the people. That is a fun tradition.
I like number 1:)
Ha Ha Ha, Love the post Owl! Can't wait to carve ourselves. Lets do it soon! Mine didn't last long either. I love the tradition you guys have started, It's one that's going to last a long time.
Ha Ha Ha, Love the post Owl! Can't wait to carve ourselves. Lets do it soon! Mine didn't last long either. I love the tradition you guys have started, It's one that's going to last a long time.
Oh and we've got to give credit to the man behind the scenes, our mentor and photographer! Thanks Maythee
My vote goes out to Contestant #1! Hope that's yours!
I would go for 1 or 4. This is Karen Soulier Bourne, FYI...so you're not trying to decide who this is.
Jon votes for #1 and I (TC) vote for #2 :) You guys did an awesome job!
#1 is the most obvious, but #2 is my favorite person alive!
ps- I am crying because I want to be there doing that with you, those are my most favorite past times. We are carving on Saturday I'll post pics. We miss you so much and wish we could hang out. THIS SUCKS! I might be a little homesick. Oh yeah and get the gossip, i'm curious of the story. You know what I mean wink wink
Love, MILLI
This was a wonderful post, Allie. After careful consideration, I have to vote for Spears. "Yeah! Britney Spears! She's hot!"
Post a Comment