Friday, August 3, 2007

Work? ummmm, its been awhle

After a summer of lounging around and being a bump on a log, I get to start work again! Although I am grateful that my dance studio took the summer off, I am so excited to start up again! The owner is building a new studio in the Riverton area, so it will be so nice to have everything brand new. I also get to work with girls one on one with their solos throughout August, so that will keep me busy and I'll actually be contributing to the McFarland bank account again. (Its been a while!) I'm way grateful to be teaching dance. My boss has been so good to me with hours and classes, so I don't have to have a second job. I can't tell you how many crap jobs I have had in the past 5 years. Its a great feeling being in a job that I actaully look forward to everyday.
I'm a few days away from entering the second trimester of my pregnancy. So far, the first trimester has consisted of nothing but sickness, so I'm way excited to be done with it! We get to find out the gender at my next appointment. I'm really excited to start buying things! Everything baby is very gender specific, so shopping isn't fun yet. Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm going to be a mom... it makes me feel really bad for my child.

Matt has had the summer off from his teaching job, so he has taken advantage of the free time by starting up his photography business. He has been working really hard. He has been doing family pictures, children, weddings, couples, and he did my studio's year end dance pictures. I think he has found his nitch! He is really good at photo editing, and he really enjoys working with people, so this will be a good career for him. Spread the word to your friends and fams if they are looking for a photographer. He really wants to get his name out there for business.
Matt will also be working part time at a private school teaching Spanish and Photo. He will also be attending UVSC this fall taking just a few classes in the Digital Media program.
Life is going great for us right now, and we are really happy!

4 comments:

the murdocks said...

Thats so awesome about Matt! I can't wait to talk photography with him next time I'm there...I got a camera and am trying to figure the thing out...aperture...shutter speed...??????? I need his help! Anyway, can he please practice on us? I keep telling dave we need some good shots...every picture is of Cooper and Dave!

Aaron and Jessie said...

I'm sure glad your 1st trimester is coming to an end too, that sounds awful! Your job really does sound so ideal. I love that Matt is really doing his buisness. I was actually going to take the girls to get their 2 yr and 4 month picutres sometime this month, so would he maybe want to take theirs??? Where does he take pictures? We might just want a family one while we're at it. I'll give you a call to find out more details.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Allie! I have been dying to get a hold of you and tell you congrates! I actually found out about your pregnacy a month ago and kept texting you saying how excited I was. Well just the other day I got a text back, from supposedly you, and it said, "Wrong number lady" I felt so dumb! Then I found your blog and was so happy because I could finally tell you! So Yea for your baby! I couldn't believe it! I am sorry you have been sick though, that is not fun! When does Michelle open her new studio? Have you been teaching at all this summer?

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Alli! I'm glad to hear you should be feeling better. I certainly hope so! That is so nice that basically you and Matt both had the summer off. Pretty lucky! I hope you have had a good one, despite you being sick! I think Michelle studio is out by me, at least that is what Trisha was telling me? That will be fun to teach in the new studio... I want to see it. What are you teaching this next year? Age groups? The number I have for you is: 856-6161... ha ha ha this is the longest blog ever, Its basically like an email,sorry!