Sunday, August 12, 2007

My favorite thing about Fall

Its still early to be excited, but since August is near half over, I couldn't help but start thinking about Autumn. I love the Fall... the weather become tolerable, I love sweaters, fall leaves, friday night football games (my bro plays, lay off me), harvest veggies... just everything. However, the greatest part of Autumn is PUMPKIN CARVING. Matt and I usually get a fairly early start, say mid September, on our carvings because it is so dang fun. I'm not talking about two triangles and a crazy mouth with one tooth. A few years ago, Matt discovered a website that lets you print off designs so you can carve any celebrity you want. His first sucess was Roseanne Barr. He has also done excellent renditions of OJ Simpson, Elvis, Martha Stuart, and Shrek. Last year, he even won 3rd place in a carving contest with an outstanding Jack Sparrow. (He would have gotten first except it was a contest for sick children at the hospital, so there was a little bit of bias.) I'm not as good at it, but I did accomplish quite the Homer Simpson last year. A couple of honorable mentions go out to John Mayfield for his Gollum, Erin Wardle for her Snow White, and Jared Webb for his Garth Brooks. This is honestly a very addicting hobby, so come September, you'll know where to find us. Its a very fun group activity, so if anyone is interested in learning the art, please let me know! You will love it, and halloween will quickly become your most anticipated holiday. Here are a few pictures:










7 comments:

the murdocks said...

NO WAY....did you guys actually carve those ones in the pictures???? Holy cow Allie...how come I never knew of this talent? wow, I must say I am impressed with all of you. Can you please do Zac Efron this year

Ashley said...

Holy crap! I want to learn...what's the website???

Julie and Dan said...

Hey Allie, it's Julie. How are you prego lady, CONGRADS!! Thats exciting. I have been looking at you blog through Ashley's. I feel stupid because everyone says it's easy and ummm.. not really for me. I have one now the address is thefoxpack.blogspot. I was just thinking the same thing about fall, I'm craving it. I'll add you to my link and we'll all have fun times again. Hope everything going well with the pregnancy.

Julie

Aaron and Jessie said...

Ya right! I promise that is not possible, I think I'm gona have to see it to believe it. Those are just too amazing! I would love to come to one of these carving festivities. How are you feeling these days? I hear ya on the fall excitment, as much as I love summer, I get real excited for fall. I love that you go to the football games, I will see you there. Are you going tomorrow to Skyline?

Julie and Dan said...

It was good to hear from you. We live in West Jordan, we got a house about a year and half ago. Holly is 3 and sienna is 1 1/2. You still teach dance? Do you take 3 year olds? I'm jealous you guys went to Paris. It looked like fun, love the Moulin rouge.

the murdocks said...

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH...I just read that you resemble Kathy Bates and I haven't stopped laughing...

Ashley said...

Kathy Bates...that is fetching hilarious! The first time I did it I got Mike Myers! It sad because I can kinda see it too.