Monday, February 25, 2013

Kate turns 5, I turn 30

Kate had her birthday this month, and turned the big 5. It was a really fun weekend filled with party after party for her. She wanted a girls only lunch at Olive Garden (I wonder where she picked that up?). We also did cake with Gangy and Pop, "the boys"(Cam, Jacob, Jord), and Kathy and Abby.

Along with all the good stuff that comes with turning 5, Kate also had to do the Kindergarten/ 5 year old appointment with the Pediatrician. This was no fun for either of us. Along with the 3 shots and flu mist up her nose, she had to do the 'panties down' part of the check up. I had forgotten about this part of it, so I didn't get a chance to pep talk her on it. She was petrified. PETRIFIED. I felt awful. Luckily, her doctor is a younger lady who is cool, and not an old man like I had when I was 5. After the traumatizing part, I let her pick lunch and basically anything else she wanted to do. She picked Cafe Rio and Doughnuts from Walmart. (Again, I wonder where she got that idea.)




A couple days later, I turned 30. THIRTY. Kinda weird. I'm not depressed about it, but I do feel weird thinking that now I am in my thirties. Seems old. Plus, I am still fighting acne. Lame. I had a really good bday, though. I got hounded with texts, FB messages, voice messages, treats on my doorstep, and outings for the day. Cheers to a new decade.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I honestly don't know what I would love more, looking at that cake or eating it. It's awesome. Happy 30th!

Marisa Jean said...

That cake for Kate is amazing. I guess I blocked out that pull down your pants part of the appointment because I don't remember that happening to me.

You aren't the only one battling acne...ug. I swear it gets worse the older I get! You look fabulous! Happy 30th! :)