I'm halfway through my month of gratitude. I thought my halfway point would be a good time to give this guy his well-deserved post:
At least once or twice a week, we talk about what would have happened to both of us if we hadn't married each other. I'm not sure there is anyone else on earth who could handle my quirks and anyone else who could handle his quirks. What can I say? With all our weirdness, we are a match made in heaven.
I am really, really, really thankful for Matt. He is a really great husband and father who has worked so hard for our little family. I am so grateful for his love for our kids. It's really fun to hear Zach yell, "Dad's home!!" every time he hears the garage open. I think both Kate and Zach's favorite thing to do with Dad is "Ya-Ya." He holds them and does a little ballroom dance while singing "ya ya yaaaa..." to the tune of Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty. Sound dorky? It is. But the kids laugh harder at that than almost anything else.
Matt is a really great husband, too. He is low maintenance and he let's me be high maintenance if I want. (For example, last night was his first free night in a long time, but he let me go to dinner for a friends birthday AND watch Nashville at her house after while he watched the kids.) I am grateful that he loves the gospel and sets the example for me and our kids. He loves to serve and by doing so, has spent countless hours working with the Young Men in our current ward and our previous ward. He has great faith and is constantly reminding me how everything will work itself out. I'm glad I didn't resist that candy bar poster 8 years ago and said yes to this guy!



2 comments:
I haven't commented on any of these, but I've been keeping up.
I love everything you've posted, and I definitely think you and Matt compliment each other perfectly. So glad you found him!
You can copy and paste this post into our Christmas brag letter that we'll be sending out.
Post a Comment