Thankful for my roots. Well, my geographical roots. 1055 West is the greatest place on Earth. I lived there from ages 3-28. I love that road. When I was in elementary school, my friends would tell me I lived in the "boonies" and I would get offended. (Ha Ha I probably had no idea what that meant.) These days, living in those boonies is a blessing! Lots of land and open space, no HOA telling you where to put your garbage can, no traffic, families of ducks crossing through the yard, the sound of trains in the distance, mature trees that hang over the road and an incredible view of the mountains. I was able to live in 5 different homes on this little street. My grandma's house while they were on a mission, my growing-up house, the little duplex as a newly-wed, my bro's basement, and then back to my growing-up house as a little family of 4. Last but not least, my parent's new house while we hunted for our house. (The whole house compound is a long story dating back to '04. We all loved 1055 so much, everyone kept building houses on it :))
Old School So Jo is so great. Maybe one day, we can afford to move back. Maybe.
0 comments:
Post a Comment