Sunday, November 11, 2012

#11

Music. All kinds of music.




Today was our Primary program. It was Kate's very first one. I was impressed at how well she knew all the songs. (She also rocked at her line, "I can choose the right by helping my mom wash the dishes.") I love primary songs. I think their simplicity is brilliant. Such simple and sweet words and melodies can teach the best lessons and bring the greatest Spirit. Couple that with a tiny 4 year old's voice and you can't go wrong. I love it.

I also love regular music, too. Thanks to the new TV show "Nashville", I've gone back to my country roots. We're talking real country. I love a nice twang with some chords on a guitar. I may or may not have recently purchased some cowgirl boots, I'm loving it so much...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't love Top 40. Once Direction, Carly Rae Jepson, Biebs (sometimes), Adele, Fun, and basically any other artist they play on 97.1 ZHT. I love tapping my toe and trying to mimic the great and sometimes awful voices on that station.

One last shout out: SHOWTUNES. These are probably my number 1. Some of my favorites? Sound of Music, Newsies, Mamma Mia, Singin' in the Rain, Hairspray, High School Musical 1-3, Annie, and the list goes on and on. If I'm ever asked what my ideal profession would be, I always have said and always will say a Broadway Star. I just need the talents first.

0 comments: