Wednesday night, we went to see Odyssey's Thriller at Kingsbury Hall. I haven't been to this show in 5 years, so I was so excited to go again. I love dance shows. It is so fulfilling, and also a little depressing. Watching those pro girls leaping and pirouetting makes me so jealous, but I'm so happy at the same time. I'm so glad I still have my toe in the dance world. Teaching is totally different than performing (nothing beats performing), but I love it so much. I love watching our students succeed.
When I first started teaching at ADA in 2005, Maddy was 10 or 11. She was such a talented little girl and she loved to learn. She is 17 now, and is on O2 (Odyssey's junior company.) I was so proud watching her perform in Thriller. I got a teensy bit emotional watching her on that big stage with all those amazing dancers. It was a shining moment for me as a teacher. :)
This is Maddy and me:(bad quality phone pic)
Michelle, me, Lyndsee:
A bunch of our dancers:
Thursday, October 20, 2011
THRILLER
Posted by Allie at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOVE Thriller! Best Halloween activity in Utah, for sure.
i actually would love to see this! i've heard its awesome! also, matt did an outstanding job once again. he deserves all the praise in the world for his work for steve jobs!
The last time I went to Thriller I was seriously disappointed, but that was years and years ago. I think now that my head has been screwed on straight, I'd enjoy it a lot!
By the way, you have serious reason to be proud. She sounds amazing!!!
Post a Comment