Friday, March 25, 2011

Movies I hope I never have to watch again.

I really love movies. One of my favorite thing to collect is DVDs. I don't know that I have the greatest taste, but I either love something or I hate something. Matt always makes fun of me because I watch the same movies over and over. My top 5? Moulin Rouge, Sound of Music, Sleepless in Seattle, Singing in the Rain, and Lion King. (Toy Story 3 is working its way in, though. I don't know which one it will replace.) I have recently been thinking about movies I have seen that I would be willing to give my first born for in exchange for the wasted hour and a half of my life back.


The Village.


Oh my heavens. I remember walking out of Carmike 12 and thinking, "What the h-e-double." I about lost it when Miss Ron Howard Jr. walks into the forest with magic beans while being chased by a guy dressed up as a rat in a red cape. I mean, what is that about? SO LAME. This is by far my least favorite movie. M. Knight Shyamalan got lucky with Sixth Sense, but he really needs to stop.



Speaking of M. Knight--- Signs.



I saw this movie on a date. (Real creative, take a girl to a scary movie...) I pretended to like it because I knew my date was a Shyamalan fan. In my head I repeated "Give me a break" probably 87 times. When the green alien from outer space is about to shoot alien poison up the boys nose, I think I LOLed. Luckily, the little sister left water all around the house for whatever reason. Dumb show. Dumb dumb show.


The Grudge and The Ring





After seeing The Ring at the dollar theater in Provo and wishing I had used that dollar to buy some candy, I don't know why on earth I even decided to watch The Grudge. Who made these movies and how much did the make? It makes me really upset because Matt's silly YouTube videos are 3 kazillion times more entertaining than these, and he made $0.


Eclipse


After being told that Eclipse is totally the best one out of the three Twilight movies by several people, I joined in and paid full price to see it. Couldn't believe my eyes. Furthermore, couldn't believe all the people who said it was the best of the three! The special effects were indeed "special." When Victoria gets her head torn off by Edward, I was shocked to see a Kohl's mannequin laying there in place of Bryce Howard. Are you kidding me? And the dialogue. Oh, that wretched dialogue. Breaking Dawn is coming out this year, and if it weren't for the fun group of gals I go to movies with, there is no way I would agree to go. Especially since Breaking Dawn is my least favorite book in the world. But, I might want a good laugh. Who knows.


What are some of the worst movies you have all seen?

5 comments:

lmackay32 said...

The WORST movie I have ever seen is "Buried" with Ryan Reynolds. It was so terrible, there is not one sinlge camera shot of anything else besides him in a box. Really, really wish I could have those 90 minutes of my life back :)

Marisa Jean said...

Is it just me, or was there a common theme with all of those movies? They all looked like horror movies to me, and I hate them.

The worst movie ever made was Year 1. SSSSSOOOO offensive and awful. I turned it off halfway through and I wish I could get those 50 minutes back. Ug.

Top movie ever made though is a toss up between Ice Age I, II & III and really any Meg Ryan film. I love them all.

Rich and Brianne said...

Oh my goodness thank you for having my same opinion on the Twilight flicks. So funny. I have never watched Singing in the Rain. Tragedy.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

Almost everything with Matthew McConaughey and the Olsen twins I hate.

melissa said...

allie, you absolutely need to see wicker man. the thought of that movie still floating around on this earth makes me upset. it was by the far the worst dollar spent humanly possible. but, also the best feeling walking out knowing i had truly just watched the worlds worst movie.