Its been one of those weeks where I am feeling really grateful. With all the twists and turns that life has, I am grateful for the constant things that make life fun and all the not-constant things that make life interesting. I've mentioned before that this year will for sure be chuck full of changes for us. Changing schedules, new goals, and a new house. Our house is up for sale, and we have no idea where we are headed! For those Arrested Development fans, I feel like Buster when he is trying to escape to Mexico and he ends up under Lupe's trampoline and says, "I'm trying to find a place to live." I know we will find the perfect little home and it is really exciting, but its also nuts. We looked at a few homes this week and feel like we will find the one and it will be where we know we are supposed to be. Gah! Craziness. However, amid the changes, we are staying firm (well trying to) in our shoes. We have one-too-many blessings and we want more than anything to keep our perspective in the right place. With our budget, we'll probably end up somewhere like this:
Its also been one of those weeks where I am so glad I get to teach dance. Being a SAHM is the greatest and most important job I will ever have, but at the same time, teaching dance is what replenishes me to be the best mom I can. Elder Ballard gave a talk about the importance of Mothers finding that something that can fill their cup so they have the energy to do the things that are required in motherhood. I feel that teaching does that for me. I only teach like 6 hours a week. Its just enough to get me out of the house, but not too long that I miss my kids too much. This year has been one of my favorite years so far. We are so lucky that we have such a great group of girls that not only love to dance and love to learn, they love each other and lift and support each other. My sis teaches the oldest girls this year, but I sub every so often, and I love them. I had one year where it was the opposite and we had to deal with mean girls and cattiness, girls that were too cool for school, and the whole teenager thing. It was a hard year for me and it kind of threw me into a funk where I thought, What the crap--- What a waste of my time. But this year really pulled me out of that and has reminded me why I love teaching. There is nothing greater than watching a student struggle and work, and then seeing the effort pay off on the stage. Its even better when the say, "Thanks for all you do" afterward. Best job ever!
One of our girls sent me this pic. They are just having a BLAST, aren't they?!?!
Monday, March 21, 2011
Posted by Allie at 3:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
There is a spot opening up next door and missouri doesn't have a bajillion SAHM photographers. just think about it.
My new favorite acronym is SAHM. I'm going to try to use it a lot this week. Alli!! I am glued to your FB/blog for updates on your house hunting. So excited for you guys!
I'm with you, SAHM is the most important thing but it's nice to work outside the home for a bit each week. I only work at the office for like 5 hours a week and it's just right. Unless someone's sick, then I don't go. Your girls look so fun!
I hope you get the house you want! And I totally know what you mean about dancers. Sometimes I have a killer group of girls, other times I wish I could trade a few in. ;)
Good luck on the hunt! I'm glad you have an outlet and that the girls are great this year. Definitely miss dancing!
Oh, I love that feeling after putting so much effort into teaching! And I feel that same way about getting a little rejuvenated. It's nice to have something! And good luck on the house hunting!
Post a Comment