Sunday, February 27, 2011

Zach says, "RSV can kiss my grits."


After about 12 days, Zach is finally almost better from having RSV. Sheesh. Half of our month of February was spent sick. We took four trips to the pediatrician for breathing treatments because Zach's O2 levels kept dropping into the 80s. One of the visits about resulted in an ambulance ride to Primary's because he was at 84. After rolling in an oxygen tank and putting an itty bitty mask on him, we got it up to the high 80s, then with the help of the albuterol we got it to 92. My friend Meli hooked me up with a nebulizer. We have been using it 4 times a day and he has made mounds of improvement. Freak, when they put that tiny mask on him, I about lost it. Out loud I said, "Keep it together, man." I am way grateful we never ended up in the hospital because I know a ton of kids do. We are on the mend and I am so glad. Now get the heck out of here, Winter.

5 comments:

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Oh Al, that is horrible. Here I am feeling sorry for myself because I haven't seen you yet, and you were going through all this crap!!! RSV can suck it! I'm glad he is doing better. I want to take you out for a shake or something for your b-day so call me when you are ready!

The Ashworthwhiles said...

I am going to predict he has the McFarland asthma and allergy curse. Poor guy. Hopefully not.

melissa said...

allie, i about lost it when i read "keep it together man". for some reason that broke my heart thinking of your little man in that condition. i'm so sorry to hear about that allie! i'm so happy you guys are doing better!

Marisa Jean said...

*NIGHTMARE* :( Sorry you've both had to endure this.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I do not wish the McFarland allergy/asthma curse on him. I am stopping the cycle right now.