Kate got to go out on a date with grandpa. He asked last weekend if he could take her out, and she has been talking about it all week. He dressed in his suit, and she wore her fancy red dress. He brought her a corsage and escorted her to dinner. She chose her favorite place, the "lunch place", which is Chili's. (We go there a lot.) Afterward, they went to the mall and rode the carousel and she got to pick out a present. She had a ball. She is the only granddaughter my parents have so far. My dad takes all the grandsons to the "guy store" (Cabellas) and Kate gets to go on dates. Grandparents are grand. It reminded me of when my grandpa would call me and invited me to have dinner and a sleepover. My grandma would paint my nails and we would play chinese checkers. Good times.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Date with grandpa
Posted by Allie at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is absolutely adorable! What a great grandpa.
That is so freakin' cute. I like your Dad even more.
What an awesome Grandpa! I love it. That's seriously the cutest thing ever.
I'm pretty sure this is the coolest thing I've ever heard. No really, LOVE this idea! I never had a grandpa, so this is even better to read about. LOVE IT!
Post a Comment