To kick off the season of giving, I'd like to document what I am thankful for this year. Some things are the same as every year, and some are new. I was reading the blog book I had made for my 2008 posts and it made me so grateful I documented all that I did. I had forgotten about a lot of things. So, as dumb as blogging can get, I am going to start back up full force because this is my family history (for now.) If you get tired of hearing/reading about my family events and everyday happenings, you can stop reading my blog, its ok.
2010 List of 5 things I am grateful for:
1: Of course, my little family. Who knew Matt McFarland and I would one day reproduce? I feel like I was 18 yesterday, and now I all the sudden have a husband and two kids. What the? Time is flying by and its been such a blessing to spend every day with my fam. Kate and Zach are dreams. I love staying home with them and watching them learn. Kate is a sponge and soaks up every little thing. Zach is a happy little guy that smiles at the drop of hat. I am so happy we are sealed together. Its also such a great blessing to be surrounded by extended family. We've got lots of people who are now our Fristers, Frothers, Fraunts, Frousins, Frandparents, and Frarents. 
2: The Gospel and all that comes with that. Having had some hard times this year, its been amazing to see the Lord's hand in our lives, especially when we pray and fast with intent. I'm grateful we both grew up in the church and have many examples in our lives. Matt is a great dad and husband and fulfils his role as provider. We love our ward and have learned a lot from those around us. We live in a seasoned ward and I wouldn't want it any other way. Its not in ever ward that while in Sunday School you are surrounded by the former Stake President and his counselors, the Stake Patriarch, the former Stake Patriarch, as well as a grip load of men and women who know everything about the gospel,all answering questions and giving insight. It reminds me of when I was the relief society teacher in my student ward, and when someone asked a question, no one in the room knew the answer. Ha Ha Ha, I was GREAT at my calling...
ZAch's blessing
3: Health and medicine. You know the Lysol commercial that shows little pink and green squiggles that represent germs? They are all over the place. I dry heave every time I see that because I realize what I am exposed to. However, we have been extremely lucky, especially having two little kids, to have dodged a lot of sickness. Our kids seem to have good immune systems and Matt and I do what we can to prevent sickness. I am so so so grateful for modern medicine. I loved the beginning of I think it was Elder Oaks talk at conference where he said, "We believe in Medical Science." Having had a baby this year, I was so grateful to have an amazing doctor, educated nurses, and a mom who knows everything about labor and delivery. I am also glad that Kate and Zach have a great pediatrician that is genuine and honest. He keeps them healthy.
4: Incredible friends. Sheesh. Where do I start? How about South Jordan Elementary. The old SJE just recently got torn down, and I as drove past, I was reminded of a zillion memories. A lot of the people that I met there, I am still friends with today. We both have a lot of great people in our lives that we have been friends with for years and years. We also have a great cirlce of friends in our ward. Nothing beats sitting in a room with a handful of great friends with nothing but good food and good conversation. 
5: Awesome TV Programs. I know in comparison to the other things on my list, this may seem worldy, but I am honestly grateful to good TV and netflix. Matt and I have started series together and it has given something to do together. We used to kiss goodnight and turn away from each other with our iphones in hand each watching our differnt shows. Now we have shows we like together. This year we've wathced the first 6 and half seasons of 24, the first half of season 1 of Modern Family, and we're getting caught up on 30 Rock and The Office. I like funny shows. And 24 is downright intense. I may or may not have dreams about Jack Bauer on a regular basis...

Monday, November 8, 2010
5 Things I'm grateful for this year.
Posted by Allie at 4:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Allie, I love your blog. I was reading back through my blog and journals the other night (I stayed up until 2 AM reading it) and I'm so glad I documented, too. And I have the same philosophy: MY blog, MY thoughts, MY rants, MY loves, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can go elsewhere.
Looking forward to the updates! :)
I am going to commit right now to starting up full force again as well. Too much time passes and then I forget.
Post a Comment