Saturday, June 5, 2010

Goodbye, Binky Taggy

Kate loves her binky and taggy. They go together, and she doesn't really care about one or the other unless she has them at the same time. She sucks her binky while tickling her nose or whipping her cheek with her taggy. She is almost 2 and half though, so we've known the time has come to try to take her binky away. I have not been looking forward to it, but it is pretty ridiculous when she tries to speak in full paragraphs with a binky hanging out of her mouth. Anyways, we never really tried to take it, we mostly just talked about it. Last Friday was her picture day for dance and this was the day we decided we had to put our foot down. This was all we could get:






Her hair looked so adorable, too! We decided that as soon as that blue binky was chewed through, we would be done. We threw her other ones away. Just a few days later, she lost it at my sister's house. It was sooner than I was prepared for, but we are at it. We are on day 3 of no binky and its actually going way better than I thought. Lets hope it continues to go well.

4 comments:

Kenzie said...

When I have to take Krew's binky and taggy I will die! Please let it go that good!

Marisa Jean said...

At least you did it now before she's 5 and still using it, like I've seen some mother's allow.

Matt McFarland Photography said...

That kid was a raunch for those photos.

Princess Academy said...

LOL love daddys comments --dads always say how they see it So sad adn precious shes a doll adn may teh force be with mommy no binky is harder on mommies then kids