I was able to spend some more quality time with some close pals this weekend. I really love getting together with friends. Although cliche, when people ask what I like to do, I say "Hang out with friends." Brittany had a little get together at her house and it is always a great time at the Lewis household. Here's a quick snap we got of a few of us gals. (I need someone to teach me how to do a poof in my hair. I can never make it look how I want.)
Back during our high school days and college summers, we spent 99% of the time at the Lewis home. Some of my greatest memories take place there. One in particular was Sweethearts dance senior year, and we went to her house for the after activity. We were going to watch "What Lies Beneath." WHoever was bringing the movie wasn't there yet for some reason, so we were just hanging out waiting. Even though we were all friends, it got really awkward for a few minutes, and no one was talking. Trying to break the ice and hoping to spark some conversation, Brittany said, "So, has anyone seen What Lies Beneath?" Everyone sort of muttered their answer and the room got quiet again. It was honestly ridiculous, too, because we were all great friends. After a few minutes, in another attempt, Brittany said, " So... has anyone seen What Lies Beneath twice?" That was enough to get us laughing at ourselves. It is always a good time at the Lewis home.
I stumbled upon these pictures taken at Brittany's house about 10 years ago. I really wish someone would have told me that I resembled Mufasa back then. I really could have used a hair thinnning treatment.
After spending a delicious lunch at Red Robin with the girls, Erin Warlde Mayfield came over and Matt got some really cute pictures of Baby Ava. Erin and John are two of Matt and my closest friends. Matt has known Erin since elementary and I have known John since elemetary. It is so fun to see the little gene creation that these two have. She will surely be a beautiful little white-haired toddler. I already love her. Here are a few snaps Matt got. (Erin, I am totally outing you on my blog, since you have negelcted your blog. If you want me to delete these, I will, but I had to introduce your bundle!) 

Saturday, May 15, 2010
The Lewis House and Baby Ava
Posted by Allie at 11:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
OHH thanks allie! Erin she is beautiful. Love the post.
Thanks for "outing" Erin and Baby Ava! What a cute little one:)
first and foremost-i'm not commenting because i feel pressured.
i'm commenting because i'm obsessed with erins pictures! but i want to hurl at the sight of that first picture of myself.
i not only DON'T look like an aerobics instructor, but i look like i haven't been to the gym since i was 13.
but i loved this post! i love reading about you guys! i literally get giddy when i'm able to hang out with you guys!
Allie,
You are like People Magazine launching the first baby pics of celebs.
Your husband
Ha ha... mufasa...you are too funny! I can't get enough of your posts.
Matt is amazing, and so is that sweet little baby. I bet you can't wait...
Allie, love the highschool/college throwback. That "What Lies Beneath" comment is such a joke, but I'm glad it can live on in good spirits. Your Mufasa comment almost took me out cold. Very funny...and you looked great. My face is red as a cherry if that helps. Erin, you are such a cute Mom, and Ava is darling. Great blog, Allie.
For the poof in your hair you desire, borrow Maggie's bump-itt or however you spell it.
Girlfriends, particularly those you've stayed close with through all the years, are the best to get together with because it seems like nothing ever changes and you can pick up right where you left off.
Thos pictures are to die for! Love the new little one. Can't wait to see your new bundle, too.
Post a Comment