Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just my take on the whole New Moon thing.

I just have to give my opinion on New Moon. To quote my aunt Laurie: "Stooooo-pid." I'm sorry, but that might have been one of the most ridiculous movies ever made. Entertaining, yes. But, ridiculous. I was liking it for about the first half or 2/3s, but once they got to Italy, I couldn't believe my eyes. I had to cover my mouth more than once to keep from laughing and to keep from yelling, "What the Fudge!?" It reminded me why I hated the book so bad. I'll be honest, that Taylor Lautner has got all sorts of awesomeness going on. Buldging biceps aside, the kid is a living doll. As far as Edward goes, has he ever heard of having a personality? Any animation he showed in Twilight was down the drain in New Moon. He just stands there and peers at Bella from the corner of his eye. Creepy. And what was with Jasper?? I know he was "thirsty", but seriously. And, what was with the 4 indian guys always lurking in the background with their shirts off and wearing only nerdy cut-offs? As far as cinema goes, the movie was definitely done a lot better than Twilight, but Stephanie Meyer really dropped the ball adding that whole Volturi part at the end. Those guys were supposed to be the top dog vampires, and they were the biggest wieners ever! Honestly, if the movie would have ended before that part, it would have gotten a thumb up from me. I just can't get past that ending. That's all. I'm sure I will get hate comments from people, but my blog---my opinion.

The best part of the movie (even though it makes me a cougar)-

10 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Allie--you are my hero! IF I were to see this film, which I won't, I wish I would have seen it with you so I could have someone to laugh at it with. Love your opinion!!!

Janette said...

Your great. I think if anyone puts hate comments on here there being ridiculous. I liked the movie but I like a lot of cornet shows. I do agree with you on the Edward and the volturi. I actually liked reading New Moon and got way into the book. However, I was never a team Jacob until the movie. Holy freak what a bod. I love that you called your self a cougar.

Janette said...

I ment corney. Lol

Jayson & Sara said...

Love it! And when did we become the cougars!?

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I am a cougar (puma) and I'm not ashamed to admit Taylor stole the show. Bella is needy and Edward is a snoozer. Zzzz.

The Ceder House's said...

Cougar indeed. My favorite part was hearing all the middle aged women gasp in the theatre every time he was shirtless. Awesome.

melissa said...

allie, i hate to say you're the only one leaving hate comments on peoples blogs, haha.
but jacob for sure gets 5 thumbs up, i thought he was fantastic. i loved new moon, promise i get giddy thinking there are still 2 more movies!

Michelle K. said...

Yeah, I liked the way the movie was made and I think the directing was definitely better than Twilight, but I have to agree with you about Edward. He had so much personality in the first and now he is a stick in the mud? I don't know if that is what Stephenie intended. What I do like is that we have no idea what to expect with Eclipse because it is done by a totally different director. Hopefully it will be better and Edward will smile once!

Adam & Alissa said...

Pardon my random comments... I am refusing to go to bed tonight because that means I have to wake up for work-blah! So I am trying to keep my eyes open by blog stalking!!!!

It sure makes me feel old when the newest heart throb is 10 YEARS younger than me! Am I wrong for finding him extremely attractive? Does that make me a desperate housewife? I couldn't agree with you more about the ending of the movie and Edward the suicidal whitey! WEIRD! I have to admit its a fun excuse for a girls night out but come on!

the murdocks said...

I hate to say it, but I liked. New Moon wasn't my favorite book, but I thought the movie was exactly the book. I think now that the books are movies, they seem weirder. But the books were really just as crazy. I am such a cougar.