Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New England is unbelievably awesome

We took a trip to Boston this last week to visit Brittany. Before I go on about the trip, I want to first say that Brittany Lewis is by far one of the greatest people alive. I love her so much and am so glad that we became friends in our 9th grade geometry class. Thanks for having us, Britt!

Back to business, I am in love with the New England area. We had the greatest time seeing all the sites. We hit up downtown Boston, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. As you can probably imagine, it was gorgeous since it is Autumn. Wow, the leaves were incredible. I probably won't go into much more detail because if anyone is like me, you only look at pictures on blogs anyway. I'll save my description and thoughts for my travel log.

Thanks to Maggie, we have some pictures to document the activities. Here is a handful of highlights:

John Adams house and estate-






Downtown Boston on the Freedom Trail-







Joseph Smith's birthplace-






Ben and Jerry's Factory




Walden Pond



Cape Elizabeth, Maine





Hanging with friends. Matt carved a quick pumpkin for Emily. WHen I say quick, I mean 4 hours.


12 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

and why didn't you stop in NY? You could have stayed with us! Maybe too many things for one trip. Looks fun!

Rich and Brianne said...

You make me miss the east! I loved Boston and definitely need to go back, and you lived my dream of going to Maine and seeing a lighthouse!

the murdocks said...

No. No way. I am unbelievably jealous. I have been DYING to go there...especially during this season! Oh man, I'm glad you lived it for me. The pictures are great...they make me want to go more. Especially Walden Pond. I'm glad you guys had a blast.
Allie, when you commented on my blog, my heart sang. I seriously miss you right now. We are leaving out of town today till tuesday so let's PLEASE hang out when I get back. Maybe we can do lunch at my house next friday???

the murdocks said...

I forgot to comment on the pumpkin. WOW, Matt. Unreal. I am unceasingly impressed by your carving skills. Especially when it is the face of the sexiest man alive.

Kristi said...

OH, awesome trip! We need to get together so I can hear more about it. Is Thoreau's cabin still on Walden Pond?

Marisa Jean said...

I've got some serious jealousy going on right now. Looks like an incredible trip! Love the pumpkin, too, and I don't even like the Edward they picked for the show.

Britt said...

So glad you enjoyed New England!! It was just an absolute delight to have you guys here. I kind of wish you guys were my roommates permanently...how fun. Oh well. Here's to 9th grade geometry.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

That was a dream come true, minus the 20-hour return home. One day, just one day, I am going to BUY a ticket just so I can get on a flight out of Salt Lake.

Aaron and Jessie said...

Oh Allie that looks unblievable! I seriously have been giddy ever since I talked to you about our little girls trip, I cannot wait!!!! I sure do miss Brittany Lewis and can't believe she has lived there over 4 years, but after seeing those pictures I can't blame her, I know I tell you this all the time but seriuosly I am insanely jealous of all the traveling you do. But I'm sure nothing will beat your trip out here, those pictures won't look so good after you get some of this lushness down here. he he!

melissa said...

i really can't get over how pretty is it there. through your pictures of course. you guys are always taking the best trips it seems! but thankgoodness for the blogging world where we can live through all of them.
glad you guys had a blast!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

That pumpkin is amazing, I can't get over that. Looks like you picked a winner! Tonight we went to chuck-a-Rama and as I was going through the salad bar all I could think about was you. I will still always remember your salad you would build at UVSC; iceberg lettuce, croutons, cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing... You really are one of my favorite people I have met, too bad we don't ever see each other. OH and your trips are always amazing, you are one lucky duck!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Wow, the pics look amazing. Thanks for sharing. Hope your all well.