Matt, Kate, and I enjoyed a week in Houston. We fly standby since Matt's sister works for an airline, so we were originally planning on Florida, but my anxiety vibes kicked in the night before and we decided to just do one flight to Houston since it was the connecting flight. We stayed with our friends, the Ellers, in Houston and had a really fun time. We spent most of the trip eating out, of course. We hit up restaurants that aren't in Utah so we could experience Texas eatin'. Our favorite place was Rudy's BBQ. It was phenominal. We spent a day in Galveston and Kemah on the coast. I love the ocean and beach. Kemah had a fun little boardwalk with rides. If anyone has seen Julianne Hough's music video to "That Song in My Head", I did a little re-enactment of it on the Boardwalk. Unfortunately, I didn't get it on video. (Jordan, you would probably be the only one that would have appreicated it, anyway.)
We also spent a few days in San Antonio which we loved. There is a place called the Riverwalk that is below street level. Its a river that has stores and restaurants along it. There are little Mexican bands that play all along it. We also saw the Alamo, which was surprisingly a lot smaller than I was expecting. For some reason I thought it was enormous. So, when we walked up to it, I was looking at some grand hotel and I said, "Wow, its really pretty." Matt was like, " Ummmmm, its over there." I looked and saw this weensy building. It was really cool though.
All in all, it was a very nice getaway. Big thanks to the Ellers for their hospitality! We had a great time.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Posted by Allie at 11:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I immediately appreciated your re-enactment without even seeing it. I knew exactly what you were talking about. Hahaha
Glad you three had a good time.
I've never been to Texas, but if the BBQ is as good as you say it is, my husband might agree to it since that's his weakness!
Looks like a fun trip! Dave loves that place...he said he wants to take me to the riverwalk someday. I had no clue you guys even went! It's been waaay to long. I loved your comment about my sweating bullets on facebook. I should clarify why, but I like people to think of their own reasons
Jordan isn't the only one that appreciates your moves. Glad to have you back
Love the pics Allie!! looks like you guy's had a lot of fun. That makes me want to go back a visit. I haven't seen the Julianne Hough video but now want to to know what your talking about=)
You are the most random people I know. I love it... if you ever get bumped come back to KC; we know this place now and could show you some more whacked out places. That Kate is so hot right now.
Hey Allie! Yep, I'm a blog stalker and I totally look at your blog. But I can't tell you how happy these pictures made me:) Loved knowing other sojo's visit Texas and love it too! Isn't Rudy's the best bbq you've ever had?! You've got the cutest family! I love looking at all your amazing pictures! You really lucked out marrying a profesh photographer:)
Post a Comment