This isn't the most exciting post, but I wanted to write about a few of our latest loves. We recently, about two weeks ago, joined the club of loving The Office. It took us a while to jump the band wagon. We had actually given it many chances in the first season, but never seemed to laugh. We couldn't figure out what the big hoopla was about. So we stuck to our favorites such as Arrested Development, Seinfeld, and most recenetly added, The Flight of the Conchords. (The last one is more Matt than me, but it is pretty hilarious.) Two weeks ago, we were hanging out with my cousins, and they decided to watch the second season of Office on DVD. We joined in out of courtesy. However, we were pleasantly surprised! The characters were a lot more likable this time around, and the episode plots were clever. So, luckily we gave it another chance because we ended up laughing. We are now working on getting through the third season before next Thursday when the show premeires for the season.
I've also been involved in the vampire craze that is taking over the nation. I was given the book Twilight from Matt's mom, not really sure what it was even about. I read it in honestly a day and half. I just coudln't put it down! It was such a fun story, although some of the dialogue was stomach churning... a little too cheezy for me. I loved the book as whole, though. A week later, Christy lent me New Moon and I got through that one in a week. The author really is so creative! I love it. So I am on to the threquel, Eclipse, and I'm really excited.
The last thing I want to share is my new found love of cooking dinner. I have been horrible in our marriage with cooking. I think I have honestly made dinner less than 10 times in the last 2 1/2 years. But this week, I have made chicken enchiladas, Parmesan Chicken, boiled potates, and blueberry pancakes. My goal for the fall and winter is to cook dinner at least 3 times a week. Wendy's and McDonalds just got way too convenient for us, so we are trying our hardest to save some pennies and actually do what normal families do... eat dinner at the table. (Well, we don't have a table, but we have coffee table we use to feast Oriental style.)
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Latest Enjoyments.
Posted by Allie at 9:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so glad you have gotten into the office. We are hooked and can't wait till next week.
I never thought I'd like cooking and it took me a little time to getting into it, but now I'm hooked. Its kind of like a hobby for me, so I'm sure you will grow to love it. Look at you already making some fancy stuff. I don't know if I ever told you how much I loved your lime drink at Lindsey's shower. I want the recipe and it sure was fancy. he he
I LOVE your posts Allie...I actually get excited to see what your going to post about. And what is the deal with these books everyone is raving about?? I must join the craze now. But I truly believe I haven't opened a book since 6th grade. The last real thriller I enjoyed was goosebumps. One more thing...for some reason me and Dave were talking about his next door neighbors in raintree (aka...god's gift, tyson and t.j.) and Dave mentioned Dan Hill...how come I cannot remember him for the life of me? I picture blonde hair but that's all. I was quite sure that you or Jessie would have some sort of fun memory about him. So can you please refresh my memory??
I wish i didn't cook. We just can't afford not too!
Allie- HELP! I need your receipe for the Lime drink you made for Lindsey Forbes shower... Please?? I have a YW activity this week and I wanted to make that yummy drink.....
Post a Comment