Friday, September 2, 2011

Cryfest 2011 aka meeting Mikey at the airport




This past Wednesday, my little brother Mikey came home from his 2 year mission. Mikey is what you may call the nucleus of our family. He is sort of the glue that holds us all together. We have been way excited for him to come home! We made MIKE shirts (please don't sue us, Nike) and wore them to airport. It was so fun when we saw him at the top of the escalators! I thought my mom's face was going to fall off when she was hugging him. We were all pretty teary, I think just as much as when he left, if not more. After he hugged my parents, he knelt down and all the kids just ran and tackled him. Except Kate. She was a little nervous. She faked a smile and just stood there confused as she looked at this 6'4" red head. It was a way fun reunion and I'm sure we were so obnoxious at the airport.





2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

He looks so mature--not that I really know him, but the pictures that I've seen show he's obviously aged.

Looks like Kate eventually warmed up.

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

That is so awesome. That is the best feeling!