I am not a huge reader. I am in a book club which is good because it forces me to engage my mind and actually read book(s). However, I do love a good book and I love when I am genuinely sad when I finish a book because I loved it so much. I like a lot of books, but I mean loved that I try to imagine how the story could continue on. This hasn't happened very many times in my life. I can probably count the times on less than two hands. In fact, lets count: Harry Potters 4,6,7, These is my Words, Pride and Prejudice, Da Vinci Code, Winnie the Pooh, and our last Book Club book--- The Help. Okay, so 8. ( Are you wondering why I didn't include the Twilight Series? I was sad alright when I finished, but only because I was sad I wasted those hours of my life.)
Anyway, I LOVED LOVED The Help. It was such a great story that takes place in Jackson, Mississippi in the 60s. Shed a few tears a couple times. I recommend it to one and all. 
If anyone has book suggestions for me, please let me know.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Good read
Posted by Allie at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I read The Help recently as well. A lovely book.
I also enjoyed The Glass Castle--seems also to be a book club favorite.
I'm actually in the middle of the Help right now. GREAT READ!
Allie, I am going to read that book, that sounds good. I love My Antonia, I Capture the Castle and Cold Comfort Farm. Also, the book The Women Who Raised me is really good.
We just read it in book club and I loved it. I even started talking like some a dem characters! Ha ha, and we just read These is my words as well. I'll let you know if we read any other good books.
Post a Comment